Are you spending too much on groceries? Would you like to maximize your current budget so that you can afford more wholesome, nutritious foods for your family?
Real Food on a Real Budget is written as a primer for families who want to learn how to save an average of 20-30% on their food budget ($100-$200 per month for most families), while at the same time serving better quality and more nutritionally dense foods.
Based on 6 years of hands-on experience and hundreds of hours of research, Real Food on a Real Budget is packed with practical tips and suggestions to help you become a better a steward of both your finances and your health.
What You Can Expect to Learn From This 280-Page Book:
- How to shave literally hundreds and potentially even thousands off of your grocery expenses every year, without compromising on what you buy!
- How to establish a realistic food budget for your unique family, and actually stick to it.
- How to provide better nutrition and cost effectiveness through a meal planning method that suits you best.
- How to find places to buy whole and traditional foods wherever you live and compare prices so that you know you’re getting the absolute best deals.
- Why, what and how to buy in bulk and what to do with all that food!
- Which foods are both nutrient-dense, cost-effective, and how to work your diet around them.
- Why cooking from scratch is key to eating real foods, how to find the time to do it, and how to use that time as effectively as possible.
- Why you should purchase your foods seasonally and locally, preserve them for cheaper year-round eats, and even grow them yourself.
- How to evaluate whether couponing can work for you and help to stretch your budget just a little bit further.
- Countless tips for practicing frugality in your kitchen.
- And more… (that’s what they all say, right? But it’s true!)