We are all always looking for better or more efficient ways at being productive. And when we use the word productive, we are usually referring to being able to get more done is less time. What I want to challenge with you this post today is to know why you want to be more productive? Why do you want to get more done?
Now, I know that might sound like a stupid question at first, but take just a second and think about it. Do you want to get more done so you have even more stuff to do? Believe me, I get it. Today’s women (and men) are busier than ever. Especially if you have a house of children, work a job or business or more.
What I want to propose is that you work at your efficiency, your productivity so that you can maybe, just possibly, do less.
Do less busy work so that you have time for the more important things in life!
5 ways you can use routines to help you do less:
- Become more efficient at your laundry process, so it gets done and put away quicker.
- Streamline your belongings so there is less to clean up.
- Set up an efficient housecleaning system/schedule where everyone pitches in so that everybody can play or hang out later.
- Plan your meals and shop efficiently so that you never have to panic at 5 pm and run out to the store for dinner fixings.
- Organize your bills and household paperwork so no time is wasted looking for important, yet lost, papers.
Again, the reason for doing all these things more efficiently and productively is not so you can just do more busy stuff. Instead, think about some of the things you would love do, if you only had more time.
10 ways you might like to spend your earned free time:
- Spend time just playing with your kids, just hanging out, with no agenda.
- Time with your spouse, talking and just enjoying being in one another’s company.
- Spend some time in nature, enjoying a picnic or a hike, or maybe a walk on the beach or in the mountains.
- Pick up that hobby that you have let slide, such as knitting, or painting, or refinishing furniture.
- Cook up a gourmet meal, if that is your thing. Or have a BBQ and invite friends over.
- Volunteer for a local ministry that you have really felt led to help with.
- Read a good book, just for fun.
- Read an awesome book or series to your kids. We so enjoyed this, even when our kids were upper elementary and middle school age. See this post for some of my favorites
- Find an exercise program that works for you, whether it is yoga, running or cycling. Zumba is great fun!
- Sight see in your area, just as if you were a tourist. Every area has its own interesting sites and facts!
I want to encourage you to learn to be more productive and to work more efficiently, not just so you can do more, but so you have time to enjoy and live your life!
What would you do if you had “more time”?