A healthy lifestyle is near and dear to my heart. I have found that if you are going to face day-to-day stress of raising kids and running a household, you have GOT TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. I found some great books on the Healthy Lifestyle shelf (mine included!)
Find Your Balance
I wanted to share this quote from my book. We need to make sure our outsides match our insides.
This bookshelf addressed a wide variety of subjects that will help you live a more balanced, healthy life. You can get full details at bottom of post, but I wanted to share some tidbits from a couple of the books.
From Healthy Lifestyle bookshelf:
One Bite at a Time, 52 Projects for Making Life Simpler-
Author Tsh does a great job of helping you prioritize and line up your day, helping you create routines.
She encourages you to “eat your frog first”, which simply means to do the thing that you would REALLY like to put off. Get it done as early as possible and they rest of the day is a piece of cake!
I love how she has the 52 projects lined up and categorized!
Finding Joy in Depression –
This was a was a hard one for me to read, simply because so much of it could be my story. She does give lots of helping tips and encouraging words, especially to someone who may just be realizing that they are possibly depressed. I loved this quote from Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love:
The Unwired Mom –
I really love this quote below from From Sarah Mae . One thing she did stress is that she is NOT anti-internet, she just wants moms to learn to disconnect at times.
21 Days to a More Disciplined Life –
Crystal Paine shot me through the heart with her words below. I am just like that. Thinking a new organizational tool or system will help me, when it’s ME who needs to change, and implement what I already know to do.
I had no idea what to expect from this little book, as I had not heard of it before. Such a great compilation of encouragement and transparency by 2 friends. I love this quote, because it is so true. And it helps put life in perspective.
A Simpler Season –
Jessica has created a great handbook and resource for planning out your holiday season, and hopefully staying sane while doing so. She gives you lots of worksheets to help you with your planning, step-by-step.
7 Days to Calm-
I was also very excited about Lisa Byrne’s 7 day video course. Below is a description from her website:
I’ve created the 7 Days to Calm guided video series where I teach techniques for moving from stress to calm. Each day for 7 consecutive days you will receive an email introducing the next technique. Each video is about 5 minutes long and you can watch from anywhere with internet access.
- Finding Joy in Depression by Amanda @ The Pelsers ($4.99)
- Find Your Balance by Bernice @ The Stressed Mom ($4.99)
- A Simple Marriage by Corey @ Simple Marriage ($4.99)
- 21 Days to a More Disciplined Life by Crystal @ Money Saving Mom ($4.99)
- The Refresh Book by Hayley and Jessi @ The Influence Conference and naptime diaries ($7.99)
- Personal ePlanner by Jennifer @ List Plan It ($5.00)
- 7 Days to Calm: a guided video course by Lisa @ WellGrounded Life ($37.00)
- The UnWired Mom by Sarah Mae @ Sarah Mae ($4.99)
- 31 Days to Great Sex by Sheila @ To Love, Honor and Vacuum ($4.99)
- One Bite at a Time by Tsh @ Simple Mom ($5.00)
- A Simpler Season by Jessica @ Life As Mom ($9.00)